RSVP required. This is a member’s only event.
Please join us for lunch at our President’s Roundtable series event this Saturday, June 8th, from 12-2 p.m. at the Mason Jar in Eagan. It’s a great opportunity for you to meet our President and members for conversation, fun, and networking! This is a free event for our members to learn about their Chapter.
6/13/19 CHAPTER MEETING
Creg Schumann Presents: Why Scrum Teams Need BSAs
Join us for a professional development presentation on the three roles on Scrum teams: The Product Owner, the Scrum Master, and the Development Team, and where folks who perform business analysis fit into these teams. Creg explores and talks about various organizations who have gained a lot of benefit incorporating these essential skills into their agile transformation.
Creg started his career doing assembly language and C coding. Most recently, Creg presented at the Minnesota Government IT Symposium a half-day workshop on User Story Writing. He is the owner of Orpheo Consulting and has been an Agile Coach for companies such as Wells Fargo, Thrivent Financial, and the Minnesota Department of Public Safety.
- Understand where and how business analysis skills are employed inside of a Scrum Team.
- How to support the Product Owner, work with the Scrum Master, and collaborate and create products with your Development Team members.
- Using your skills in business analysis, learn how you support defining the product to build, ensure the whole development team gains understanding and feedback from users and stakeholders, and ensure the completed product is quality.
While supplies last, all members that attend the meeting will receive a free leadership book, or Kit Welchlin’s book, The Communication Kit: Volume 2!
If you want to attend the June 13th meeting via the video streaming option, you need to register for the meeting more than 24 hours ahead of the event by selecting a video streaming ticket. We will email you streaming instructions the morning of the June 13th meeting.
Location: Marriott Airport 2020 American Blvd. East, Bloomington, MN 55425
MEMBERS: FREE CHAPTER MEMBERSHIP OFFER - BRING A BA (or prospective BA) TO A CHAPTER MEETING IN JUNE, JULY, OR AUGUST
You can earn a free renewal of your IIBA MSP Chapter membership if you bring a business analyst (or prospective business analyst) that is not already an IIBA MSP chapter member to a chapter meeting this summer (June, July, or August).
To redeem this $25 value, please do the following:
- Invite a business analyst that is new to IIBA and/or IIBA MSP chapter to a June, July, or August 2019 chapter meeting (6/13/19, 7/11/19 or 8/8/19)
- Register for the chapter meeting at https://iibamsp.org
- Email [email protected] and let us know the name and email address of your guest.
Prior to the meeting, your guest will be registered at no charge and receive a confirmation email for the meeting. You will also receive an email confirming your complimentary chapter renewal for your upcoming renewal year.
In order to qualify for this offer, you must be a current active IIBA and IIBA MSP member (or your chapter membership is within 60-day grace period of expiration), follow the 3 steps above, and your invited guest must attend the meeting in person.
Please contact Liz Trinkle at [email protected] for more information.
"Click HERE for Upcoming Events and Registration!"